January 13, 2010

Giving advice to a shopaholic



Dear Jennifer,


As you already know, I’m Anita Sousa, a psychologist here in women’s lifestyle magazine. My job is to give advice to people who ask for it, so I’m only helping those who really want to be helped, just like you.
After reading your letter I could understand exactly what your problem was. You may not know, but the fact that you consider yourself a shopaholic is a huge and very important step. In order to give you the right advice, I’m making a list of some vital tips for you to strictly follow, at least on this first phase:
· Hire/ask for someone to manage all your bills – this way you won’t be dealing with money, so you’ll control what you spend better.
· Think before buying, for instance… “Do I need all this stuff?” – probably the answer will be “no”, so you’ll stop buying useless things.
· After paying all your credit card debts cancel them, as well as your debit cards, because using these ways of payment makes you forget that you’re spending real money.
· Talk to your family about this – establishing dialogues with the ones you care about gives you the strength you need to get over all your problems.
If these tips find out to be useless, please write me again or consult a psychiatrist.

Faithfully,
Anita Sousa

(11º4 - 2009/2010)

1 comment: