March 08, 2010

"I am sorry" - Greenpeace 2020 Banners

Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero Spanish Prime Minister

Donald Tusk, Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland

Nicolas Sarkozy, President of France
Kevin Rudd, Prime Minister of Australia

Barack Obama, President of the USA

Angela Merkel, Chancellor of German

Dimitry Medvedev, President of Russia

Luiz InĂ¡cio Lula da Silva, President of Brazil

Stephen Harper, Prime minister of Canada

Gordon Brown, Prime Minister of the UK


Greenpeace has created a campaign featuring ten images of world leaders, including Barack Obama and Nicholas Sarkozy saying 'sorry' for failing to prevent climate change. These banners have been placed in Arrivals at Copenhagen airport during Copenhagen summit.
Greenpeace, along other associations, are putting pressure on the leaders, or at least trying to. Since last week, travellers arriving in the Copenhagen's international airport will come across the above banners. These depict different leaders of developed nations apologizing in 2020 (ten years from now) for not taking the right decisions. I'll let you judge by yourself.

1 comment:

  1. This campaign is really schocking, but I think it's what is needed to call our attention and make us take a position against all this. I really liked the adds and I think it is effective in the way that I changed my mind about climate changing, and made me realize that it is actually happening NOW and started contributing more to the greenness of the planet! :)

    ReplyDelete