September 29, 2010

My summer holiday in the UK

It feels like home, but it’s also a holiday. And I’d never thought I’d feel so at home in another country. Not that I ever was homesick either, I loved all the school camping trips I made as a kid. But anyway, I fell in love with England. Last summer I stayed there for a month.

I love London anyway. Did I already mention that? I’m not exactly a city girl, but I love the English cities I’ve been to. Oxford. Cambridge. Gloucester. Manchester. And London. I love the parks, I love the tube and I love the people.  

I also went for a picnic. I had a special tour. And I didn’t even mention all my friends yet. And those are just a few of the many highlights of my holiday in the land where they drive on the wrong side of the road, where they have all these little coins instead of the euro, where they have a funny language with words they only pronounce half (I mean, shouldn’t ‘Greenwich’ be written as ‘Grenich’?!), where they have two taps in their bathrooms instead of one and where they tell you to mind the gap all the time… I love it!


(abridged)




No comments:

Post a Comment